Introduction to rel8ed.to Analytics Services
rel8ed.to Analytics provides a wide variety of data management and analytics services, helping our clients and the platforms and partners they work with to understand their customers better. Many of these services are described in greater detail on our website, http://www.rel8ed.to
The information we use is collected through relationships we have with other companies such as data suppliers, business partners, data services providers, government and public sources, and our clients.
Types of Data We Obtain and Use
rel8ed.to Analytics receives data from, and handles data on behalf of, a variety of companies, applications and services, and data compilers and suppliers. We also obtain data through public sources, such as Open Data portals, census data and other publications, records, sources, registries, and records available to the public. Some of the data we receive, use and make available is Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) or is linked to PII. PII may include, for instance, name, postal address, telephone number or email address and certain employment-related data.
Many of our services use and make available “business to business” data, which is obtained from a number of sources, including public portals and directories, filings and publications, and other publicly available marketing sources. This data may contain PII about the principal participants in the business (“Principals”).
We may also collect PII and sensitive information for purposes related to running our business (but not for delivery to customers as part of our services):
• Customer and Prospective Customer contact information, such as individual email address, telephone number and postal address, for the purposes of responding to customer inquiries or requests;
• Information necessary to process payments for services that customers purchase from us
• Individual customer purchase history, product/service preferences and satisfaction data, and opinions about products and services, for the purpose of enhancing our relationship with our customers
Personal Health Information (PHI)
PHI is never mixed with other PII elements for the purpose of external product development, internal research, or any other purpose as outlined in the section “How We Use Personal Information.” PHI is never shared with third parties as outlined in the section “How We Share Data with Third Parties”
How We Use Personal Information
We use and make available PII for several purposes related to our business. We use this data:
• To provide data services, such as (but not limited to) verification, record look-ups, anti-fraud services, B2B records and services, and other analytic services.
• To create sets of business and personal attributes – categories of information that are grouped together based on common interests, preferences, and non-personal geo-demographic information (“Profiles”). These Profiles may be associated with a business or person. Our customers may use these Profiles to learn more about their own customers and improve their own databases.
• To communicate with customers regarding services that may be of interest to them;
• To manage, administer, collect or otherwise enforce accounts;
• To assist in the investigation of illegal and/or fraudulent activities
In addition, we may provide anonymous information (i.e., information that does not identify individual consumers or Principals) in the form of aggregate or demographic data to our clients or service providers. We may also generate and use anonymous information to develop, enhance or validate our products, processes or services. PII may be used to generate anonymous information and, when required, to research, validate and test the use of such information in processes, products, services and enhancements.
How We Share Data With Third Parties
rel8ed.to Analytics may share data, including PII and Profiles, as follows:
• Agents and Service Providers: We may share data, including PII and Profiles, with agents, business partners and service providers who work on our behalf, or to help us provide services requested by our customers.
• Partners: We may share data, including PII and Profiles, with business and data partners (such as business partners who provide their own applications or data services to customers) or with clients, to help them provide more tailored offerings and for their own analytical purposes.
• As Required by Law or to Protect Any Party: rel8ed.to Analytics may disclose data if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect or otherwise defend the rights, property or safety of rel8ed.to Analytics or any other party.
rel8ed.to Analytics will never share PHI with Third Parties unless requested by the customer who provided us with the data, and then only after careful review of applicable regulations and internal policies.
Security and Data Integrity
We take the protection of data seriously. We have adopted procedures to secure storage of PII and PHI and are committed to working with our customers to protect the security of PII and PHI during any transfer to or from us. We store your data in data centers located in our operating territories, the United States and Canada. We use security technology to protect data from would-be intruders and have implemented other safeguards to secure information such as passwords, encryption, antivirus software and physical security measures. Only authorized employees and representatives of rel8ed.to Analytics have access to PII and PHI, and only to the extent necessary to perform their job functions. All applicable data retention, destruction and removal policies are applied to each element of PII and PHI as indicated by applicable regulation, our policies, and customer requirements.
Your Data Protection Rights
Every user and subject of PII we have collected is entitled to the following:
The right to be informed – You have the right to understand how we process your data. This Policy describes the manner of processing we use, and how we treat your information safely.
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to understand automated decision making and profiling – You have the right to be informed on the specifics of our data processing using personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email or by mail as outlined in this Policy.
Questions or Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy efforts or data services, please contact us at:
rel8ed.to Analytics, Inc.
43 Church Street A102
St. Catharines, ON L2R 7E1
rel8ed.to Analytics Global LLC
640 Ellicott Street Unit 467
Buffalo, NY 14203